This maple bourbon sauce is simple and leftovers can be used over ice cream or any dessert of your choice. What’s best is this mix of sweet and spicy invokes a sexy take on any pork loin! Nancy Kamphaus sent us this winning recipe from Cincinnati and is a local market winner in the Bring it t-ON-g! Pork Grilling Challenge.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix rub ingredients over tenderloin and let rest for about 30 minutes in the fridge. Grill pork 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Mix maple syrup and bourbon in heavy sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes to one hour or until thick and syrupy. Slice pork and drizzle bourbon syrup over slices --- and save the rest for later!