- 1 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices bread (torn into small pieces)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all-spice (EACH, AND garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon oil (EACH, AND worcestershire sauce)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups beef (or chicken broth, low sodium if possible)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- egg noodles (buttered, or mashed potatoes for serving)
PER SERVING *
|Calories510Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Alyssa Segura 12 Nov
Great!!!! Could I use onion powder instead of preparing the onions? Jw?
Erik Marinelli 28 Oct
It was very good. Made it for dinner of 8.
Meurisse 3 Jul
Yum! Really enjoyed it. Made just as written.
Whitney 10 Feb 2017
Takes a little bit of time, but it was really good. My husband said its one of the best meals I've ever made. The flavor is really good, but I had a bit of trouble getting the sauce to thicken.
Amanda Schumann Horak 20 Jan 2017
My husband was a fan of the sauce/gravy, but I really wasn't. The meatballs were amazing, though. I left some out of the gravy and just ate with ketchup or alone. The flavor was amazing. I'll be making again, but I'll try to tweak the sauce.
Anderson 6 Jan 2017
Did not dissapoint. I looked forward to making this all week. Did not modify, paired with egg noodles and Sunday night football:) Comfort food at its finest!