This recipe is for Semi-sweet bread Rolls and these are the best rolls you will ever have. We promise you. The rich taste of these buttery rolls makes them the best in the business. You will love this Semi-sweet bread Roll recipe. These can be serve…
as a side dish with a tasty pasta or with a lunch meal and served in a group. Let us know how your baking goes! We are eager to know!
- 1,000 grams bread flour
- 400 milliliters water
- 75 grams yeast
- 150 grams butter
- 50 grams vegetable shortening
- 100 grams sugar
- 15 grams salt
- In a bowl, add 330 grams of flour, 150 milliliters of water, and 75 grams of yeast. Mix all the ingredients together into a smooth paste. Set aside to double in size.
- In another bowl;, add the remaining flour and water, plus the butter, shortening, sugar, and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and beat vigorously for 10 to 12 minutes until completely blended into a smooth dough.
- Form into 2 balls, cover and leave to rise for up to 60 minutes.
- Roll into a large sausage shape and cut into 14 pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a small ball by hand on a work surface.
- Place the balls, well spaced apart, on a baking sheet, and brush with beaten egg.
- Allow to rise for 60 minutes until more than doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
|Calories1440Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.