This recipe for Seeded Breadsticks with Dried Fruit is like a whole hearty meal in a sick. There are so many rich and nutritious seeds and fruit in each of these breadsticks, they make perfect breakfasts on the go and snacks when you need something sweet and salty. You can bring them to work, or eat them on the way to the kid's soccer game. Any way you eat them, you will surly enjoy them. Why not whip up a batch this week?
- 75 grams flaxseed
- 75 grams sunflower seeds
- 2 deciliters hot water
- 50 grams fresh yeast
- 3 deciliters buttermilk (or sour milk)
- 350 grams flour
- 200 grams rolled oats
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 40 grams dried apricot
- 40 grams dried cranberries
- 1 egg yolks
- Put the sesame and flax seeds in a bowl, add hot water and let them hydrate for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve the yeast in a little buttermilk.
- In the bowl of the food processor, add flour, oats, sugar, salt, apricots, cranberries, and hydrated seeds.
- Knead 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Let dough rise covered with a damp cloth for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface.
- Knead and roll out the dough not too thin and cut 12 strips of 5 cm by 10 cms.
- Let rise for 20 minutes and preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Dissolve the egg yolk with a little milk.
- Brush the buns with the egg wash.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.