Flax seeds and sesame seeds combine to give this loaf crunchy bite and also ample nutrients, inside and out. Using whole wheat flour also ups the fiber and nutritional profile of the bread while also giving it a sturdier, chewier texture and more pronounced flavor than bread that's made with all-purpose flour. Even though this is a yeast bread, there's no need to allow the dough to rise before baking.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups carbonated water
- seeds (to sprinkle)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, yeast, sugar, flax seeds, and sesame seeds, ensuring everything is well distributed.
- Add the carbonated water and mix well again.
- Place the dough in the pan, sprinkle with more seeds and bake for 45 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the middle of the bread to check doneness. The toothpick will come out clean when the bread is ready.