- 3 tofu (tubes of Egg)
- 18 seaweed
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 sprigs spring onion (white and green separated and sliced)
- Cut each tube of tofu into 4 pcs.
- Dust one piece of seaweed snack with cornstarch and paste it onto a moist tofu, if the seaweed is not enough to wrap around, add 1/2 pc more. If the edges don't stick, moisten them.
- Pan fry the wrapped tofu until they turn golden
- n a clean pan, heat some oil, around 2 Tbsp and saute the chopped shallots until golden, add in white parts of spring onion, if you dont like to taste the pungency of the raw white parts. Put in 3/4 cup of water (or more) and then soy sauce and sugar. Let it simmer for a while, taste it and adjust to your preference. The sauce should be nicely seasoned and slightly sweet.
- Pour the sauce over the fried tofu and sprinkle green parts of spring onion over.