Seasoned Bread CrumbsEl invitado de invierno
This simple and straightforward recipe for Seasoned Bread Crumbs provides a recipe for a savory dish that will use up that bread that is starting to dry out. Seasoned with salt and paprika, the breadcrumbs are toasted in alongside savory sausage, ham, and bacon in a garlic-infused olive oil. Bursting with savory flavor, this Seasoned Bread Crumbs dish makes a great lunch option when served with a side salad or alongside a bowl of soup.
- 1 loaf white bread (day-old crusty)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves (unpeeled and halved)
- 2 chorizo sausage (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons ham (sliced)
- 1 handful bacon pieces (fried, or pork rinds)
- 1The day before, cut the bread into cubes the size of chickpeas.
- 2Pour the bread into a shallow container and sprinkle some water over them to rehydrate them without making them soggy.
- 3Sprinkle the salt and sweet paprika over the bread and toss.
- 4Cover with a cloth and let sit overnight.
- 5The next day, in a large skillet heat up the oil and add the garlic cloves. Fry until they are toasted then remove from the oil and discard.
- 6Add in the sausages, ham, and bacon pieces. When they are just about done cooking, add in the breadcrumbs all at once and continually stir to make sure they are coated in oil and take on a beautiful color. They should be toasted outside but soft inside.
PER SERVING *
|Calories530Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.