This is often the case when the kids get out of a long day of school and on the hunt for something to eat. This Seasonal Crostini with Crushed Peas, Mint, and Mozzarella Cheese recipe is the perfect ticket to keep your kids eating healthy but giving them the flavor they are looking for. Let us know about your experience cooking this Seasonal Crostini with Crushed Peas, Mint, and Mozzarella Cheese recipe in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 1 kilogram fresh peas (in pods, about 300 grams shelled)
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 50 grams grated pecorino (or Parmesan cheese)
- 1 lemon juice
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 buffalo mozzarella (big balls)
- pea shoots
- olive oil
- Shell the peas. Crush them in a mortar a few at a time.
- Add half the mint leaves, and a pinch of salt, and continue to mix to make a thick paste.
- Pour into a large bowl and add a little olive oil (2-3 tablespoons) to get an easy to spread paste.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and mix to a nice paste.
- If necessary, add a little olive oil to make the mixture thinner.
- Pour in 3/4 lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread slices on both sides.
- Spread the mashed peas on the bread.
- Cover each slice of bread with half a mozzarella ball.
- Season the pea shoots, and remaining mint leaves, with the rest of the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the salad on the crostini.
PER SERVING *
|Calories790Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.