Mediterranean flavors stand out in this bold and healthy recipe. A simple salsa made of green olives, preserved lemons, and cilantro tops perfectly seared steak for a light and satisfying meal. If you have leftovers, this dish will make a great topping for salads or a bowl of grains. Make this one in the summer when you can cook the steak on the grill and enjoy this refreshing dish al fresco.
- preserved lemon (Salted)
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves (chopped)
- olive oil
- Espelette Dukkah pepper
- 2 flank steak
- Cut the preserved lemon in half and remove the pulp. Cut the lemon skin into small cubes.
- Dice the tomato and add to the lemon.
- Coarsely chop the olives and add them to the previous mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add a pinch of Espelette pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- In a hot pan, sear the flank steaks on each side. Ideally, you should leave some of the meat rare, but do as you please. Cover with foil and put aside for a few minutes.
- Cut the beef into thin slices. Divide them into small cups and add a little salsa on top.