You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Monkfish, Prawns, Scallops and Bacon Skewers with Saffron Oil . This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 150 grams prawns
- 600 grams monkfish (diced)
- 150 grams scallops
- 1 slice bacon (per skewer)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 saffron (strands of)
- chile pepper (optional)
- Peel prawns and reserve the heads.
- Season monkish, prawns and scallops.
- On each skewer, thread two pieces of monkish, a scallop, a shrimp and one slice of bacon.
- Grill over medium heat on preheated grill for about two minutes per side.
- Do not overcook or it will be dry.
- To prepare oil, heat saffron threads in a dry pan and add about 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add shrimp heads and press with a fork, so that they release all their juices.
- Set aside.
- To serve, drizzle skewers with oil. If desired, add chile pepper.