Seafood Stew with Fennel and Sun Dried TomatoesTHE DREAMING TREE
At the Gorge, Chef Fiona cooked up some of her hearty Seafood Stew with Fennel and Sun-dried Tomatoes, an ode to the bounty of seafood in the Pacific Northwest. When enjoying the dish at home, try pairing it with the Dreaming Tree Crush.
- 20 cherrystone clams (or each Little neck, soaked in cool water and scrubbed)
- 2 lb. mussels (soaked in cool water and debearded)
- 1 lb. shrimp (wild American preferred, 16/20's, peeled and deveined)
- 1 lb. scallops (bay or sea)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion (or small yellow)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 head fennel (thinly sliced)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper (more if you like spice)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tomatoes (large, rough chopped)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup clam juice (/seafood stock)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 bunch basil (leaves chopped)
- 1 bunch parsley (leaves chopped)
- 1/2 cup tomato purée (sun-dried)
- In a large pot (with a tightly fitted lid) over medium heat sauté onions, garlic and a large pinch of salt in olive oil, about 3 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Add fennel and crushed red pepper, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, thyme, tomatoes, white wine, clam juice and salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Reduce by 1/3.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories550Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes