Seafood SoupReceitas Da Felicidade!
If you are looking for a savory meal combining fresh seafood with vegetables and the punch of garlic and white wine, this soup will tantalize the taste buds. By combining cod, shrimp and mussels in a rich, creamy wine and vegetable based stock, this soup is perfect served as a hearty meal on a cold, winter night or a savory first course for any dinner party. Garnished with cilantro or toast, this soup will warm the soul.
- 3 cod fillets
- fish stock
- 300 grams shrimp
- 1 onions (medium, finely chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 celery ribs (chopped)
- 1 leeks (chopped)
- 1 carrots (cubed)
- red pepper (cubed)
- 150 grams flour
- 80 milliliters white wine
- 300 grams mussels
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 bunch cilantro (chopped, for garnish, optional)
- 1Begin by boiling the cod fillets in salt-seasoned water. Once boiling, add the fish stock.
- 2When the fish is almost finished cooking, add the shrimp.
- 3Turn off the heat and remove both the fish and the shrimp.
- 4Strain the leftover broth and set it aside.
- 5Saute the onion, then add the garlic and remaining vegetables. Saute until softened.
- 6Slowly pour all of the flour over the sauteed vegetables and stir well until it is fully mixed and has no lumps.
- 7Soak the mixture with the white wine, stirring constantly until it creates a thick puree.
- 8Slowly add the broth that was set aside. Once boiling, mash the mixture to create a creamy soup.
- 9Flake the fish, peel the shrimp, and add both to the soup. As soon as it starts to boil, add the mussels and cook until they open.
- 10Serve immediately, plain or garnished with cilantro and a piece of toast.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.