Rather than just spreading a baguette with a flavorful topping, here the topping becomes a filling that's used to stuff a hollowed out baguette, so that there's a wonderful surprise center in every slice. The filling is a savory spread of mayonnaise, dried sea vegetables, boiled egg, onion, and parsley. The filed baguette will need to be chilled a bit to allow the mayonnaise mixture to firm up enough to slice, and you can even do this a day ahead.
- 1 package dried fish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 onions
- parsley (to taste)
- 1 baguette
- Boil the egg, cool, peel and slice. Slice the seafood and add the egg, onion, parsley and a little mayonnaise.
- Place everything in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add additional mayonnaise as needed to make a spread.
- Serve on crackers or slices of bread.
- Alternatively, to make a stuffed baguette: Cut the end off the baguette and remove the inside with a wooded spoon.
- Fill the hollowed out baguette with the seafood mixture and refrigerate.
- Cut into slices and serve.