Curry dishes are aromatic, savory, and delicious. This recipe for Seafood Curry is delectable and only has 410 calories per serving. Ingredients for this recipe that takes 55 minutes to prepare include red chili peppers, cilantro seeds, cumin seeds…
cardamom seeds, paprika, black peppercorns, saffron, coarse salt, olive oil, onions, garlic cloves, white wine, dogfish or cape shark fillets, coconut milk, and shrimp. Sunday dinner never tasted so good.
- red chili
- 2 teaspoons seeds (cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 cardamom seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 5 fillets (dogfish, or cape shark, or other lean, firm textured fish)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 400 grams shrimp
- Pour the chili, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, and black peppercorns in a heavy saucepan and stir consistently over high heat for approximately 1 minute or until you smell the spices.
- Once hot, place the seeds and spices in a food processor and grind them, then add the saffron, paprika, and salt and grind again until the mix becomes a thin powder. Set it aside.
- Boil the shrimp and strain them, setting aside the water to be used as a broth flavoring.
- In a large pan, heat some olive oil and saute the onion and garlic.
- Once the onion and garlic are browned, add the white wine. Heat the wine until simmering and then add the mix of seeds and spices.
- Let cook to mix the flavors, adjusting the salt to taste, and then add the fish and some of the shrimp broth, just enough to cover the fillets.
- Once the dogfish is almost cooked, add the coconut milk. Add enough to thicken the broth just a little.
- Serve with basmati rice and coriander or parsley, to taste.
|Calories410Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.