When you are hungry for seafood and something with a kick, then try this Sea Stew with Chorizo. It is hearty, healthy, and succulent. By combining the sweetness of the fresh seafood with the spicy chorizo sausage and the cream, this dish becomes a party of decadence for the taste buds. There are only four servings in this recipe, so it is perfect for a small gathering. We hope you enjoy this dish!
- 4 filets (halibut)
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- 12 scallops
- 500 grams rice (Venere)
- 1 liter mussels
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 20 grams butter
- 16 slices chorizo
- 12 raw gambas tails
- white wine (15 cl.)
- cream (30 cl.)
- 15 grams cornstarch
- First prepare the vacuum-sealed pouches. In the first one place the fish fillets lightly seasoned with a dash of olive oil, salt, lemon, and in two others, place the seasoned scallops. Pour water into the recipient and heat the machine. It will take about 20 minutes. Set the water temperature to 50 degrees Celsius. Dip the 2 scallop pouches in the water for 10 minutes, add the fish filets, and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Then, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- Rinse mussels and clean if necessary.
- Cook over high heat in a pan so that they are all opened.
- Place a strainer over a bowl, pour the mussels and keep their juice.
- Let cool and remove them from their shells.
- Wash the vegetables, peel the carrots, cut the leek and the carrots into 5 centimeter chunks.
- In a pan, heat the butter and fry the vegetables quickly for 4/5 minutes. Add the chorizo slices, cut into 2 as well as the gambas. Fry for 2 minutes, then add the white wine glass.
- Mix and cook on medium heat until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add 2 tablespoons of juice from the mussels.
- Boil, add 30 centiliters of cream, and mix.
- In a small bowl, put the cornstarch, add 2 tablespoon of sauce, stir with a fork (it will thicken quickly).
- Put this mixture back in the pot and stir well. While heating, the sauce will thicken, add the mussels and keep warm over very low heat.
- First heat your plates in the oven.
- Put some rice on each plate; open your vacuum-sealed pouches with scissors.
- In each plate place 3 scallops and one fish fillet, coat with the hot sauce from your pot, adding mussels, gambas, vegetables, and chorizo.
- You can add dill in each plate.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.