- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- Add butter and sugars to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Beater to Mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 2 minutes or until smooth. Continuing on Speed 2, add egg and vanilla; mix until well blended. Stop and scrape bowl.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl. Turn Mixer to Stir and add flour mixture; mix 1 minute or until just combined. Stop Mixer and add chocolate. Stir 20 seconds or until just combined. Refrigerate dough at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Use 2-ounce (56 ml) scoop (or a ¼ cup measure) to portion cookie dough onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.