- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 3/4 cup hellmann' or best food real mayonnais
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups carrots (grated)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (in natural juice, drained)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans (optional))
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan*; set aside.
- Combine cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in large bowl. Beat in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, eggs, carrots and pineapple with electric mixer at low speed 30 seconds or until moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Evenly spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. On wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- For Frosting, beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar, Spread, lemon juice and vanilla in medium bowl, with electric mixer until light and creamy, about 5 minutes. Evenly spread frosting over cooled cake. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped walnuts.
- *Or, prepare cake mix as above in two 9-inch round cake pans and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
|Calories660Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Karen R. 30 May 2016
Amazing and easy to make! I'd definitely make it again! I did not modify the recipe. Everyone loved it… Huge success!