- 1 box pudding
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups carrots (grated)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (OR pecans, optional)
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons country crock spread
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan*; set aside.
- Combine cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in large bowl. Beat in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, eggs, carrots and pineapple with electric mixer at low speed 30 seconds or until moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Evenly spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. On wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- For Frosting, beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar, Spread, lemon juice and vanilla in medium bowl, with electric mixer until light and creamy, about 5 minutes. Evenly spread frosting over cooled cake. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped walnuts.
- *Or, prepare cake mix as above in two 9-inch round cake pans and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.