Scottish Butter Ice CreamLa Cocina de Babel
Butter makes everything better. It is rich and creamy and divine. This recipe for Scottish Butter Ice Cream will melt in your mouth and leave your taste buds begging for more. It takes 85 minutes to prepare this decadent dessert, but it is well worth the wait. This is the kind of ice cream you sit down with after a long hard day. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this divine ice cream as much as we do.
- 60 grams butter (good quality)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 285 milliliters milk (heated)
- 2 eggs
- 75 grams superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 milliliters heavy whipping cream
- 1In a heavy-bottomed stock pot, melt the butter and brown sugar together. Increase the heat and allow to bubble about a minute. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 2Once cool, pour in the heated milk and return to low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The mixture should thicken and turn a beautiful amber color. Let cool completely.
- 3In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Pour into the first mixture and heat slowly, making sure the mixture never boils. Stir occasionally. Let cool completely.
- 4Separately, whisk the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks are formed. Carefully fold this into the original mixture.
- 5Pour everything into an ice cream maker, following the machine’s instructions in regards to preparation.
- 6Pour out into a container and freeze a few hours.
- 7If you have no ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a metal container and freeze. Every 30 minutes, remove from the freezer and stir the mixture. Keep doing this until a firm consistency is reached.