These brown sugar scones are perfect for weekend munching. Whether it is a sit-down brunch or enjoying with breakfast in bed, these scones are just what your weekend needs. You likely already have all the ingredients in your pantry, so all you need…
is 35 minutes to bring the dough together and pop them in the oven. If you want a little bit of extra sweetness, add some dried fruit to the mixture.
- 300 grams all-purpose flour
- 15 grams brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 60 grams butter (softened and cubed)
- 1 egg
- 140 milliliters milk
- Preheat oven to 425/450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the softened butter (cut into small pieces) and mix with your fingertips.
- Make a well in the center.
- Whisk the egg with the milk. Set aside one tablespoon for the icing.
- Pour in the well and mix by hand until obtaining a ball.
- Flour the work surface and spread out the dough to a thickness of about 2 cm.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter and place the scones on a baking sheet.
- Glaze them with the remaining egg-milk mixture and cook them in the oven for about 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Serve the scones cut in half with butter, jam or even sour cream.
- Alternative: add in 35 grams of raisins or dried cranberries after the butter.
|Calories440Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.