SconesAs receitas lá de casa
Scones are perfect for serving at a special brunch but easy enough to make for a weekday breakfast. They are of course tailor made for serving with afternoon tea. These are among the simplest versions around, with just five of the most basic ingredients, meaning you can bake up a batch whenever the mood strikes. Be sure to use self-rising flour as called for in the recipe, otherwise you will need to add baking powder or soda for the leavener.
- 16 tablespoons self rising flour
- 12 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolks (for brushing)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Mix flour, milk, eggs, butter and sugar together.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Shape mixture into small rolls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 5Whisk egg yolk with a little bit of water.
- 6Brush egg yolk over scones.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes.