SconesAs receitas lá de casa
The key to perfect scones, which should have a light and airy interior and a crisp and crunchy exterior is to not overwork the dough. Use your fingertips to mix the wet and dry ingredients together, stopping as soon as the mixture holds together when pinched (it will still be loose and crumbly otherwise). And add more flour only if necessary to keep the dough from being too tacky to form into balls.
- 16 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 12 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a bowl, add all the ingredients, and mix with your fingertips.
- 3If necessary, add more flour until you can shape some balls.
- 4Place the balls a few inches apart on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- 5Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Serve warm with butter, honey, or jam, to taste.