- 250 grams butter (softened)
- 125 grams white sugar
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 250 grams ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 500 grams flour
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Combine the softened butter, sugars, ground almonds, eggs, lemon zest, and cinnamon until it is smooth.
- Gradually, add the flour and knead the dough until obtaining an elastic consistency.
- Shape a dough ball, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- After 1 hour, roll out the dough to 1/2 centimeters thick.
- Cut out various shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Combine egg yolk and milk and brush the cookies with this mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Watch the baking closely. Schwowebredele must have a nice golden color when done.