Scampi Cream with Green Apple, Crispy Bacon and Chinese BadianOn dine chez Nanou
Fancy five-star meals don’t have to be purchased at five-star restaurants. You can make this Scampi Cream with Green Apple, Crispy Bacon and Chinese Badian in 80 minutes at home. This is perfect for a special intimate dinner among friends. This recipe combines the sweetness of scampis and green apples with the decadence of aromatic spices and cream for a hearty sensation. Its decadence will please the palate. Happy cooking!
- 12 raw scampis
- 1 onions
- 1 shallots
- 40 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chinese badian (star anise)
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes (concentrate)
- 1 glass dry white wine
- cream (20 cl. liquid)
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 green apples
- 1Separate heads and tails of lobsters. Peel the tails without damaging the flesh. If possible remove the black filament.
- 2Peel the onion, shallot, and garlic, and chop them.
- 3Place the heads and shells in a pot with the oil and half the butter.
- 4Start heating over high heat while stirring constantly.
- 5Add the chopped onion, shallot, and star anise. Let brown for a few minutes, then thin down the tomato paste.
- 6Pour in the white wine with 75 ounces of water and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Cover and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes. Leave to infuse for 15 minutes, then strain the mixture through a sieve.
- 8Pour the juice into a saucepan. Add the cream and reheat without boiling.
- 9Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- 10Cook crawfish tails with the remaining butter in a non-stick pan until the butter is lightly brown.
- 11Brown the bacon in a little olive oil until crispy and cut into pieces (place them on a paper towel to remove excess fat).
- 12Wash the apple by brushing it with hot water, wipe dry and cut into thin sticks keeping the skin.
- 13Preheat soup bowls and divide the prawns in, pour the cream on top, sprinkle with sliced apple and bacon, add pepper and serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.