These savory muffins are loaded with flavor, making them a great snack or brunch addition. Scamorza cheese is similar to mozzarella and pairs perfectly with sun-dried tomatoes and basil. This recipe comes together quickly, so you can dig into these muffins in no time. Try them with a pat of butter while they are still slightly warm from the oven. If you make a big batch, you can store them in the refrigerator for an easy breakfast when you are pressed for time.
- 1 large eggs
- 100 grams sugar
- 30 grams milk
- 50 grams olive oil
- 105 grams flour
- 4 grams baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams cheese (Scamorza)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- basil leaves (chopped)
- sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until foamy and almost doubled in volume.
- Add milk and olive oil.
- Stir in salt, flour and baking powder and beat until well blended.
- Fold in grated cheese, tomato and basil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 250°C (approximately 480°F).
- Divide the batter evenly among the cups in muffin pan, until about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle tops with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 210°C (approximately 400°F) (if possible, heat the bottom plaque of the oven and set in vent mode) for 14-16 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand for five minutes, then carefully remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.