Scallops with Currant and Rock PearMarmita
Sweet and savory, these Scallops with Currant and Rock Pear are a seafood must. Smoked bacon and fresh thyme add their savory flavor to these scallops. Diced rock pear adds a sweetness that is amplified by the blackcurrant and vinegar sauce. Ready in 45 minutes, this seafood entree is hearty and delicious. Each bite of these Scallops with Currant and Rock Pear is bursting with bright and brilliant flavor. Serve these delectable scallops with a side of rice or potatoes.
- 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon liquid margarine
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 slices smoked bacon
- 120 grams scallops
- sea salt (grinder)
- ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons blackcurrant juice
- 1 pears (Rock)
- 1Melt the margarine in a saucepan, add the chopped garlic cloves, and brown slightly.
- 2Add the strips of bacon, and let saute a little longer, then add the defrosted, dried scallops seasoned with salt, pepper, and the leaves from 2 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- 3Let saute for a few minutes, add the balsamic vinegar, let it evaporate a little bit, and remove the scallops from the heat, leaving the bacon and the vinegar sauce.
- 4Peel the pears, and cut into small pieces, add to the casserole along with the currant, and if necessary, a few tablespoons of water.
- 5Let the pears cook a little, and 1 to 2 before turning of the heat, add the scallops, and mix well.
- 6Garnish a few more thyme leaves.
- 7Serve with rice or potatoes, and a salad, or as an appetizer if you prefer.
PER SERVING *
|Calories210Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.