Scallops are very light seafood that is habitually associated with the Holiday and summer seasons, especially when they are combined with vibrant fruits like mangos and passion fruits. Acidic fruits perfectly pair with the subtle tastes of the scallops and are balanced by the bitter chives. This sweet and salty dinner dish is a healthy small plate option that is easily prepared and ready to serve in less than 20 minutes.
- 1/2 mango
- 1 Orange (juice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 6 scallops
- Peel the mango.
- Dice one quarter into small cubes and reserve another quarter for oil and vinegar dressing.
- Mix the quarter of mango with orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, and a pinch of salt.
- In a skillet, brown the scallops in butter.
- Place a scallop in each plate with some pepper on top.
- Dress with a little mango vinaigrette, then add some diced mango and chives.