Seafood is a wonderful weeknight dinner dish because it is hearty, healthy, and doesn’t take long to prepare. This recipe for Scallops with Orange and Dried Fruit Crumbs Breaded Celery is a delicious dish that takes 50 minute to prepare. This recipe is the pefect combination of rich and sweet ingredients for a flavorful dinner. We guarantee everyone will love this dish so much that they will ask for seconds.
- 1 celery root
- 2 orange
- 2 eggs
- 40 grams almonds
- 40 grams pinenuts
- 40 grams pistachios
- 40 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- fresh dill
- 12 scallops
- Peel the celery root and cut it into 1.5 cm thick slices.
- In every slice, cut up rounds with a cookie cutter (3 to 4 cm diameter).
- Cook the celery round on boiling salted water for 7 to 8 minutes until soft but not soggy.
- Drain it and let cool.
- With a sharp pairing knife, peel the orange discarding as much white skin as you can.
- Carefully remove the orange quarters one cutting just where the white skin separates each quarter.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with a fork.
- Chop the almonds, pistachios, pine nuts, and mix them in another bowl. Add the breadcrumbs.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Dip the celery root slices in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumbs to coat well.
- Fry them until they get nicely browned on both sides.
- Heat another frying pan with a Tablespoon of olive oil, when it's hot, quickly sear the scallops on both sides, add salt and pepper.
- Prepare a salad dressing by mixing vinegar and a pinch of salt, then add the olive oil and orange juice.
- To serve, place 3 slices of celery on a plate, top with one scallop, place the orange slices in the center and dress with vinaigrette and dill.
PER SERVING *
|Calories490Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.