- 3 leeks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 8 scallops
- 1 bouillon cube
- 25 grams cornstarch
- cream (5 cl.)
- champagne (5 cl., or white wine)
- Preheat the oven to 410 F.
- Wash the leeks, and slice thinly.
- Brown the leeks in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 cup of water.
- Cook until the water starts evaporating.
- Season with salt and pepper. Place the cooked leeks in the small oven-safe dishes.
- Fry the scallops with 1 tablespoon of butter for 2 minutes on each side. Place them on top of the leeks.
- Meanwhile, boil water and the stock cube
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with the cream and white wine. Add this mixture to the vegetable broth.
- Stir until thickened.
- Pour the cream on top of the leeks and scallops.
- Cover with breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.