A well-balanced dish of spicy, salty, and sweet flavors. While peanut sauce is thick and sweet, it can often be overbearing so use it sparingly. The same goes for the red curry paste. It is an extremely hot curry and it is highly suggested that you begin with less and slowly add more to taste. Fresh lemon juice, sweet coconut milk, and a few teaspoons of sugar provide sweetness, cutting through the fiery spices but also help to caramelize the onions on a textural level.
- 2 onions
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 200 milliliters coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons Nuoc Mam sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 12 scallops
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut the onions and zucchini into thin strips.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok and saute the onions for 1 minute.
- Add the red curry paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut cream, nuoc mam sauce, sugar, and continue to stir until the curry paste is completely diluted for about 5 minutes.
- Add the scallops and zucchini and simmer on low heat.
- Pour in the lemon juice, stir, and serve immediately with Chinese noodles.