- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup red pepper (Each finely diced, and onion)
- 1 teaspoon savory (Each dried, and sage leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (Each, and pepper)
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (fresh)
- 2 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb each)
- In medium skillet heat oil over medium high heat; sauté mushrooms, red pepper, and onion, sauté 3-4 minutes or until moisture is released from mushrooms and evaporated. Add savory, sage, salt and pepper, sauté 1 minute; remove from heat and stir in mustard and breadcrumbs.
- Cut tenderloins almost in half lengthwise so it opens like a book; pound to flatten slightly. Spread and lightly pack stuffing down the centre of each, leaving 1”(2.5 cm) border around the edges. Fold long edges over stuffing overlapping as necessary, and fold in the narrow end; secure with skewers or string. In large skillet heat remaining oil over medium high heat, sear both sides of tenderloins, about 5 minutes.
- If skillet handles are not oven proof cover with foil or transfer pork to baking pan and place in 400ºF (200ºC) oven; roast for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear or when an instant read thermometer reads 155ºF (75ºC). Let stand covered with foil for 5-10 minutes, remove skewers or string, slice and serve fanned out on serving plates. Drizzle with pan juices or apple drizzle (below)
|Calories230Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.