- 2 pie shells ( deep Desh)
- 9 eggs ( Naturegg Nature’s Best)
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ( each, and fennel seeds)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 375 grams frozen spinach (about 16 nuggets thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1/2 cup potato flakes ( plain)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cover 6 eggs with cold water in a small saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat; cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Immediately drain water and place eggs in a cold-water bath for 1 minute. Peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble in pork; add garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and fennel seeds. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in broth and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until combined and heated through. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Mix spinach, potato flakes and 2 eggs into pork mixture until well combined. Spread 1/3 of mixture evenly over base of pie shell. Arrange cooked eggs, on their side, in a ring around pie. Top with remaining pork mixture.
- Remove remaining pie shell from pan and place over filling. Crimp edges to seal; slash three vent holes in pastry. Beat remaining egg and brush evenly over pastry. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is heated through. Cool slightly.
|Calories440Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.