SavoryTomato Bread Pudding with Pork Loin and MushroomsHoje para Jantar
Here's a positively lovely dish for a dinner party. Pork loin is given a flavor boost by marinating it with a mixture of garlic, bell pepper, and white wine for at least a couple hours (longer if you can swing it) before being seared in a skillet, and then mushrooms are cooked in the same pan to soak up the flavorful pan juices. What sets this meal apart is the baked tomato crumble that's served along with, which includes an egg for each guest.
- 1 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tomatoes (large, ripe)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (stale)
- hot water
- ground black pepper
- 1 eggs (per person)
- 600 grams pork loin (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt (to taste)
- 1 red pepper (chopped and seeds removed)
- 200 milliliters white wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika (or food coloring)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Paris mushrooms
- 1 cilantro (stalk)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 2In a skillet, sauté chopped onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent and soft.
- 3Add diced tomatoes.
- 4Cook on low heat until the tomatoes begin to fall apart.
- 5Soak bread in warm water and add to the pan.
- 6Stir well to combine everything and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 7If necessary, add a little water to reach desired consistency.
- 8Transfer crumbs to an oven-proof container, make a well in the middle and add 1 egg.
- 9Season the egg with a pinch of salt and pepper and bake until cooked.
- 10You can also cook in the microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
- 11For the pork loin, trim fat from the pork loin and place it in a bowl.
- 12Add diced garlic, salt, pepper, wine, paprika and bay leaf.
- 13Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- 14In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add the meat.
- 15Fry on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 16When the meat starts to brown, remove from pan.
- 17Clean and slice mushrooms and sauté in the pork fat for 2 minutes.
- 18Return meat to pan and add strained liquid from the marinade.
- 19Simmer over low heat.
- 20Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with tomato bread pudding.
PER SERVING *
|Calories570Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.