Baklava is a decadent and rich dessert made with philo dough and a nutty filling. This recipe for Savory “Baklava” with Carrots, Feta, Almonds and Mint takes that traditional treat to a whole new level. It takes 75 minutes to prepare four servings o…
the delicious treat. This rich and decadent treat combines carrots with savory spices and salty feta cheese in a flaky crust. We hop eyou enjoy this as much as we do.
- 1 kilogram carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (cut into small pieces)
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon
- 10 mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 30 grams raisins
- 9 frozen philo sheets
- 60 grams melted butter
- 90 grams almonds (coarsely chopped)
- 250 grams feta cheese
- Peel the carrots and slice them very thinly.
- In a medium pan, heat the olive oil and cook the onion over low heat for about 15 minutes. Add the carrots, cinnamon, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Mix, add 500 ml of water and season with salt.