This tart makes for a great snack. It’s loaded with zucchini, tomato pest, and pinenuts. Butter and two types of cheese bring a richness to ever bite. You’ll be tempted to serve this as your main course.
- 75 grams polenta (quick)
- 225 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150 grams butter (chilled)
- 30 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 zucchini
- 30 grams pine nuts
- sundried tomato pesto
- 250 grams ricotta cheese
- 1 handful arugula
- olive oil
- In a bowl, combine polenta, flour, and salt.
- Add the butter cut in small pieces.
- Mix with fingertips to get a crumbly mixture.
- Add the Parmesan, egg yolk and 4 to 5 tablespoons of ice cold water.
- Mix to obtain a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and fit into a pie dish.
- Cover with parchment paper and pie weights.
- Blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Wash and slice zucchini very thinly lengthwise.
- Brush slices with olive oil and saute. Set aside
- Toast pine nuts in a pan.
- Brush the pastry shell with a layer of sundried tomato pesto.
- Top with a layer of ricotta. Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Place zucchinis and pine nuts on top of the pie and return to oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with arugula leaves, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper .
|Calories750Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.