If you want to make a decadent and hearty vegetable dish that they whole family will enjoy during Sunday dinner, then this Savory Vegetable Crumble is a sure win. It takes 80 minutes to prepare, so make sure you set aside time to let this dish cook. There are so many hearty and decadent ingredients in this savory dish, that everyone will love the texture and flavor of the sweet squash and the rich chorizo.
- 800 grams butternut squash
- 4 carrots
- 4 leeks
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 200 grams spanish chorizo (thinly sliced)
- 100 grams flour
- 75 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 100 grams old-fashioned oats
- 50 grams seeds (mixed, sunflower, flax, squash)
- 100 grams butter (cold, cut into small pieces)
- Peel and cut the butternut sqush into cubes.
- Peel the carrots and the leeks and chop into pieces.
- Mince the onion and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook for 5 minutes the onion, add the garlic, leeks and chorizo.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and butternut squash
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- If necessary, add a little water to prevent vegetables from sticking
- Stir regularly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the vegetables on a baking dish and discard the cooking juice.
- In a bowl combine the flour, Parmesan, oats, seeds and a little salt.
- Add the small pieces of butter and work with your fingertips to get a crumbly mixture.
- Spread it over the vegetables and bake for 20 to 25 min.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.