- 1 pound sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons Crisco Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening (OR 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound pork sausage (ground seasoned)
- 15 ounces seasoned croutons
- 1 apple (medium, cored and chopped)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup Crisco Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening (OR 1/4 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- fresh parsley (Chopped)
- PLACE sweet potatoes in 2-quart saucepan. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain. Cool.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 2-quart casserole with no-stick cooking spray.
- MELT 2 tablespoons shortening in large skillet. Add celery and onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Place in large bowl.
- BROWN sausage in large skillet. Stir to break apart. Drain if necessary. Add to celery and onion mixture. Stir in croutons, apple and raisins. Mix in egg. Melt 1/4 cup shortening. Add to sausage mixture with prepared bouillon. Stir in sweet potatoes. Mix well. Place in prepared casserole.
- BAKE, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
|Calories480Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.