Slice and serve: That's what makes this stuffed bread roll so great for serving at a casual gathering. As always, the bread makes the dish, so make it yourself, and you can do it in advance if that helps. The dough just needs to rise for an hour and…
then it's ready to be layered with the fillings, which are merely suggestions and can be substituted with your own components. Although it may be hard to resist cutting into the loaf right away, it's better when allowed to rest briefly to allow the fillings to cool a bit.
- 0.5 kilograms flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 30 grams baker's yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- red peppers (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Place the flour in a large bowl.
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and add oil, milk mixture and salt. Beat with an electric mixer with whisk attachment.
- Cover dough and let rise for 1 hour.
- Keep away from cold areas and drafts.
- Divide dough in half and roll out 2 pieces to fill.
- For the fillings, use any desired ingredients.
- Arrange ham, mushrooms and cheese over one piece of dough and arrange chicken, red peppers, mushrooms, and cheese over the other piece of dough.
- Roll up the dough.
- Place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with egg yolk and bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool a little before serving.