Savory Shortbread with 2 cheeses and pumpkin seeds.On dine chez Nanou
While you normally think of shortbread as a sweet dessert, this recipe for Savory Shortbread with 2 Cheeses and Pumpkin Seeds is a delicious twist. It takes 45 minutes to prepare this appetizer or dessert option that is perfect for a special occasion. This recipe combines palate pleasing ingredients to make the perfect sweet and savory treat the whole family will enjoy! Be sure to make this for your next party.
- 175 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Espelette Dukkah pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 150 grams butter (cold, cubed)
- 75 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 75 grams cheese (Raclette, or any easy to melt cheese grated)
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 eggs
- 1In a food processor bowl, add flour, salt, pepper, mustard, and butter and mix to get thick breadcrumbs.
- 2Add the grated cheeses and a teaspoon of ice water. Mix quickly pulsing several times to get a ball of dough.
- 3Divide the dough in two, roll it to get 2 cilinders, 3 cm wide.
- 4Cover them and let cool for 3 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- 6In a blender, coarsely chop pumpkin seeds.
- 7Beat the egg, and coat each roll with a brush.
- 8Sprinkle pumpkin seeds, pressing on lightly.
- 9Cut 0.5 cm thick slices and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper spacing them 3-4 cm.
- 10Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.
- 11Let them cool on a wire rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories45Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.