Savory Ricotta Cheese and Pepper PieL'Antro dell'Alchimista
With a nutty crust that uses all-purpose and almond flours cut with butter, this crisp-crusted pizza is topped with a creamy, cheesy ricotta filling that's dotted with sweet bell peppers. There's not a lot of special equipment required — just a rolling pin to roll out the crust and dried beans to weight it while it par-bakes. All in all, it's a flexible recipe to which you can incorporate a wide variety of ingredients to suit your tastes.
- 225 grams flour
- 200 grams butter (softened and cut into small pieces)
- 100 grams almond flour
- 50 grams pecorino cheese (grated)
- 1 eggs
- 225 grams ricotta cheese
- 100 grams heavy cream
- 80 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 bell pepper (red and yellow, roasted and peeled)
- ground nutmeg
- 1To prepare the dough, quickly knead together the flour with the softened butter, almond flour, grated cheese, egg, and a pinch of salt.
- 2Cover the dough in plastic wrap, place it in the refrigerator and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- 3To prepare the filling, beat the ricotta cheese in a bowl with the heavy cream, eggs, cheeses, salt, a pinch of nutmeg, 1/2 red bell pepper and 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced.
- 4To complete the pie, preheat the oven to 180C.
- 5Line a 25 centimeter pie plate with parchment paper.
- 6Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and line the pie plate.
- 7Cut out a disk of parchment paper and cover the pie crust, fill with dried beans and bake the crust for approximately 20 minutes.
- 8Remove the pie crust from the oven, remove the parchment paper and dried beans, and add the filling.
- 9Use the remaining red and yellow bell peppers, cut into strips, to garnish the pie and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- 10Remove the pie from the oven and serve warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories730Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.