- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 pound pumpkin (skin and seeds removed, coarsely grated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon rosemary needles (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (deseeded and finely diced)
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1 ounce sun dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2/3 pound cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Mix the yeast with 3/4 cup lukewarm water and set aside for 5-10 mins, until frothy. Make a well in the flour mixture and gradually mix in the yeast water. Once fairly smooth, add 1 tbsp oil, the egg and sugar. Knead until it forms a soft dough. Cover and leave in a warm place to proof for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease and flour a 12 inch cake pan. Heat 1 tbsp oil, add the garlic, followed by the pumpkin and sauté for 2-3 mins, stirring. Remove from the heat, season and add the thyme and rosemary. Mix into the dough and knead until smooth. Transfer to the cake pan, drizzle with 2 tbsp oil and bake for 20-25 mins, until the bread is golden and springy. Remove from the pan and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix the pepper, shallot, sun-dried tomatoes, cream cheese and sour cream together and season. Slice the bread into wedges and serve with the dip.
|Calories400Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.