- 2 tablespoons Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 5 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon marjoram (dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules (instant)
- 4 medium carrots (peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces)
- 4 medium potatoes (quartered)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- HEAT oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Combine 3 tablespoons flour, celery salt, marjoram, salt and pepper in shallow dish. Coat meat evenly with flour mixture. Add meat and any remaining flour mixture to Dutch oven. Brown meat on all sides. Add onion, 1/2 cup water, tomato sauce and bouillon granules. Cover and simmer 2 hours.
- ADD carrots and potatoes. Cover and simmer about 1 hour or until tender. Place meat and vegetables on serving platter. Cover with foil to keep warm. Heat liquid in Dutch oven until boiling.
- STIR 1/4 cup cold water and remaining 2 tablespoons flour in small bowl until smooth. Stir into hot liquid. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Serve with meat and vegetables.
- COAT slow cooker with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- COMBINE 3 tablespoons flour, celery salt, marjoram, salt and pepper in shallow dish. Coat meat evenly with flour mixture. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meat on all sides. Place onion, tomato sauce, bouillon granules, carrots, potatoes and any remaining flour mixture in slow cooker with browned meat on top. Omit water.
- COVER and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours. Remove meat and vegetables from slow cooker onto serving platter. Cover with foil to keep warm. Heat liquid in slow cooker on High until hot. Stir 1/4 cup cold water and remaining 2 tablespoons flour in small bowl until smooth. Stir into hot liquid. Cook until smooth and creamy. Serve with meat and vegetables.
|Calories1200Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.