Savory Pancakes Of Chayote And KefirAnanás e Hortelã
These savory pancakes would be ideal at a festive brunch or as a starter course for a dinner party. They're made with barley flour and kefir, both found at natural food stores (and online) and also some supermarkets, plus grated chayote and carrot as the vegetables (instead of more traditional potatoes). Serve the golden brown pancakes while still hot, with a simple sauce of yogurt and fresh herbs alongside for dolloping on top.
- 1 cup barley flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup kefir
- 1 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 chayotes (peeled and grated)
- 1/2 grated carrot
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 container plain yogurt
- 1In a bowl, place the kefir, egg and olive oil and beat well. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and beat together.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients to the batter and whisk just to combine. Do not over mix.
- 3Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little olive oil and add some batter. Flip when bubbles begin to form on the surface of the pancake.
- 4Mix the plain yogurt with the fresh herbs and season with a little salt. Serve yogurt sauce with the savory pancakes.