Puff pastry allows you to take a wonderful set of ingredents and make them better. By wrapping these ingredients in the buttery and flaky puff pastry, you create a decadence that is out of this world. This recipe for Salted Palmitos with Pesto is a palate pleasing appetizer that combines pesto or tapenade with cheese wrapped in the flaky crust. Why not show off your culinary skills this weekend? Enjoy!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 190 grams pesto (or olive tapenade)
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the puff pastry on your work surface.
- Spread a layer of pesto (or tapenade) over the pastry and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Fold by joining the two rounded ends of the pastry.
- Spread another layer of pesto and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Fold the pastry again.
- Spread another small layer of pesto.
- Then fold in half and cut in sections.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 15- 20 minutes.