Rather than making a bunch of smaller pancakes on the stovetop, this recipe has you prepare one generous sized pancake in a sheet pan in the oven, making this savory version ideal for serving a large crowd at brunch or a casual dinner. It's chock full of nutty cheese, smoky bacon, and shredded chicken breast meat, with creamy mozzarella (two cheeses are better than one) scattered over the top before baking.
- 1 cup milk (at room temperature)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs (or 5 small eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams margarine
- 6 slices gouda cheese
- 5 slices smoked bacon
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 6 parsley sprigs
- oregano (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Place the milk, flour, baking powder, eggs and salt in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer or whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Place the margarine in an baking pan. Heat oven to 356°F and place the pan inside.
- Cut the Gouda cheese and the bacon into strips and set aside.
- Shred the chicken breasts and set aside.
- Remove pan from oven once margarine is nearly melted and tilt pan to coat the entire bottom of the pan.
- Carefully, pour the batter into the pan. Layer the shredded chicken, bacon and Gouda cheese in the pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, oregano, garlic powder and mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place under the broiler (taking care to check often) for the last 5 minutes to brown.