Shortbreads are usually a buttery sweet treat. This recipe for Savory Mediterranean-Style Shortbread uses the buttery cookie-like dough and kicks it into a savory sensation by using other flavorful and aromatic ingredients like rosemary, sun-dried tomatoes and olives for a tantalizing texture and taste. Be sure to leave time to keep them refrigerated for at least a half hour before removing them and baking them. We hope you love them too!
- 60 grams butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground salt
- 30 grams corn flour
- 70 grams wheat flour
- 10 grams ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 grams baking powder
- 25 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (cut into small pieces)
- 4 black olives (chopped)
- pumpkin seeds (sunflower and)
- coarse salt
- 1 egg whites
- Combine the butter, sugar, salt, corn flour, wheat flour, ground almond, olive oil, baking powder, grated parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, and black olives in a bowl and mix until the dough forms a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Take small pieces of dough and roll them into sausage shapes. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the cookies with the egg white. Sprinkle half the cookies with sunflower and pumpkin seeds and the other half with coarse salt and rosemary.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool before removing them from the baking sheet.