Traditionally, baci di dama — a.k.a. "lady's kisses" cookies — are a hazelnut sandwich cookie filled with chocolate. Following suit, this twist on the original is made with nut flour, though it's savory rather than sweet. The almond flour dough contains Parmesan cheese and Vin Santo, a sweet dessert wine, while the filling is made from a mixture of pesto and cream cheese. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days and serve them cold or at room temperature.
- 150 grams butter (salted)
- 150 grams flour
- 150 grams almond flour
- 150 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 40 grams vin santo (may substitute with a sweet dessert wine)
- cream cheese
- pesto sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix the butter, flour, almond and hazelnut flour, parmesan cheese, and the Vin Santo together until uniform in consistency.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and shape the mixture into walnut sized balls.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet leaving some space between each one (they tend to expand while baking) and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- While the kisses are cooling, prepare the filling by mixing the cream cheese with a few tablespoons of pesto sauce.
- Spread the filling on the cookies and put them together in pairs. They can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days and can be served either chilled or at room temperature.
|Calories830Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.