Quiche is a creative way to pack a lot of vegetables and meats into a beautiful presentation. Quiches are perfect for holiday breakfasts, brunch with the in-laws, or just as a Sunday lazy day late breakfast for the family. This Savory Hazelnut Quiche with Leeks Wrapped in Prosciutto is recipe is divine. The Leeks provide a robust flavor and combines well with the salty and savory flavors of the cheese and prosciutto.
- 170 grams flour
- 100 grams salted butter (softened)
- 50 grams hazelnuts (mixed, powder)
- 75 grams cold water
- 175 milliliters sour cream (liquid)
- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 12 leeks (small)
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 150 grams fresh chevre
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts
- vegetable broth (50 cl.)
- fresh thyme
- In a bowl, pour en the flour and ground hazelnuts.
- Make a well in the center and add the butter cut into small pieces. Knead together.
- Add the water, and quickly knead the dough with your fingertips to get a nice ball of dough.
- Cover entirely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Take dough out of the refrigerator, and let stand for about 15 minutes, before rolling out on a floured surface.
- Spread the dough in a pie mold, cut off edges with a small knife.
- Lightly prick the pastry with a fork, and bake for about 15 minutes at 180 C.
- Let cool.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and the egg yolk with a fork, then add cream, salt, and pepper.
- Wash the leeks, then remove the outer leaves, leaving only the tender, white stem.
- Place the leeks in a baking dish, cover with the vegetable broth and fresh thyme, and bake for 30 minutes until leeks are tender.
- Drain, and let cool.
- Use a fork to spread fresh goat's cheese on pie dough.
- Wrap each leek in a strip of 1 1/2 centimeter wide slice of ham (1 slice for 2 leeks). Place on top of goat cheese.
- Cover with the custard.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes at 180 C until golden brown.
- After 15 minutes of cooking, sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts.
- Serve hot with a green salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories950Calories from Fat530|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat530|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.