Savory French ToastLolibox
If you want to surprise your family with a decadent dish Sunday morning, then why not try this Savory French Toast recipe. It combines the sweet and savory flavors of ham and heavy whipping cream. Don’t forget to sprinkle some powdered sugar over top of these sweet treats to make them even better. This is the perfect way to brighten your loved ones’ day by surprising them with a delicious breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- bread (sliced)
- cheddar cheese (sliced)
- ham (sliced, optional)
- 11. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 22. Pour the milk into a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Season them with salt and pepper.
- 33. Heat a skillet. Soak the bread in the milk and then in the eggs. Cook both sides of the bread in the hot skillet and then place the slices on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- 44. Top the bread with slices of cheddar. To make it more substantial, top the bread with a slice of ham and a slice of cheddar.
- 55. Bake for a few minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve hot.