Sometimes you need something savory and sweet. This Savory Fig-Gorgonzola Buns recipe is just that. It takes 80 minutes to prepare these appetizers that are perfect for a holiday, special occasion, celebration, or dinner party. There are 16 servings in this recipe that has 130 calories per serving. This recipe combines the sweetness of honey and fig with the saltiness of gorgonzola cheese and tops it with rosemary for an aromatic delight.
- 25 grams fresh yeast
- 2.5 deciliters water (lukewarm)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450 grams bread flour
- 4 dried figs (cut into small pieces)
- 60 grams gorgonzola
- fresh rosemary
- In the bowl of the electric mixer, dissolve the yeast with a bit of warm water.
- Add the honey, salt, oil, flour and remaining water.
- Knead the mixture for 10 minutes with the hook attachment.
- Let it rest for 40 minutes covered with a damp cloth in a warm place.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to form a rectangle 25 cm by 50 cm.
- Top with dried figs, crumbled gorgonzola and sprinkle with rosemary leaves.
- Roll the dough like a jelly roll and cut 16 slices.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let them rise for 30 minutes while covered with a cloth.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Sprinkle buns with rosemary and bake for 15 minutes.
|Calories130Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.